Monday, September 28, 2009

Visitors WELCOME!!!

Well if you've been waiting for word, it is here! (kinda) John is ready/willing/able to take visits; however, he may not stay conscious longer than 20 - 30 minutes. The few people who have already braved the trip and spent some time with him have REALLY helped out. It is nice to have someone here to give him a reason to stay awake, and having people care enough to make the trek really encourages him as well. If he doesn't stay awake very long, there is always SOMETHING to do around here: play with the kids, help around the house, or just TALK to me so I don't feel so lonely! So just let us know if you want to come out for a visit. We'd LOVE to have you!



General health update: Today was a much better day. John was awake more. He watched a movie with the kids, ate breakfast out of bed, and even came down the stairs (even though I kept SCREAMING don't help me just ADVISE!!!) and helped me get the loveseat I had jammed in the doorway into the basement. He's been taking his afternoon nap. I'm going to go try to wake him in just a bit.



Continue to pray for his appetite to return. He got on the scale last night (after everyone at my parents' house kept telling him how skinny he looked.... I guess me saying it doesn't have as much of an impact) and found that he has lost 45 pounds! Aye carumba! I should have such a problem! I have been nagging him to eat, but #1 he is just not hungry. Spending so much of his day dizzy and/or in pain does not give him much of an appetite. #2 he is struggling a lot with heartburn (I think because he spends so much time lying down).... Regardless, the TIME HAS COME to focus your prayers on his appetite! I really don't want him losing much more weight. He already looks so skinny!!!!



One week from tomorrow is his follow-up appointment with the neurosurgeon. We are hoping for a good report and will see what the doctor has to say about his recovery progress. For the MANY of you who have been asking, "Yes. I have called the doctor." I have talked to the staff at the neurosurgeon several times. I have been assured that the pain/dizziness/fatigue is not out of the ordinary. He is recovering from brain surgery so these are typical symptoms to be expected. Rest assured I am in continual contact with them regarding how John is doing. They told us from the very beginning, this would be a very painful surgery with a long recovery time.



Thanks again for all your prayers, support, concern. We really, really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...