Sunday, April 19, 2009

God Created SpongeBob

Sunday!!! Recycle an old blog day! And today I'm actually getting it done BEFORE church! Yeah!

I have often thought of how I truly believe that SpongeBob Squarepants is ordained of God, sent to this earth to bring just a small amount of peace to the unworthy, harried, and partly insane mother of three rambunctious little boys and one diva-like princess. One day as I sat at my computer, having begged, screamed and pleaded with the children for just a moment to finish the tiny bit of work I had been graced with that day, I praised the Lord for SpongeBob.

It was another time of drought at my company. Work had been VERY slow and those of us who work offsite were again (as always) at the bottom of the work totem pole. Therefore when the work flow slowed, our paychecks were the ones to pay the prices. That morning when the news came that there was work for me, I was chomping at the bit to get it completed, but of course my children did not get the memo that Momma had been given a little work, and they should play quietly while Momma brought home the bacon.

They were racing around the house SCREAMING! They were practicing their Power Rangers routines on each other and occasionally making dangerous contact with someone's jaw or abdomen. I had screamed and begged and pleaded with them to no avail. When all of a sudden I heard it, the sweetest sounds my ears had ever heard: "Are you ready kids?" My heart, soul, mind, and body screamed, "AYE-AYE CAPTAIN!!!" as all of my little hooligan's zipped into the living room, sat on the couch and stared at the television mesmerized. There is just nothing that captivates all of them like SpongeBob Squarepants! For that reason, "nautical nonsense be something I wish!" I just LOVE that absorbent, yellow and porous little guy.

So for thirty minutes I typed as fast as my little fingers could go, and I got a few minutes of peace in a CRAZY day.

Long live SpongeBob Squarepants!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...