Wednesday, November 5, 2008

How can it be?

 Today is my baby's 9th birthday, and I'm freaking out man! Seriously how can he be 9 already???? Wasn't just praying that I'd have this baby soon but not on Halloween? Wasn't it just minutes ago that I was riding that big wheel (an affect of a girl who's NEVER done drugs being given a narcotic) in that hospital bed? Wasn't it just a blink ago when they placed his tiny little body in my arms and I got my first glimpse of that gorgeous pout?


I just finished nursing him, teaching him to walk and potty training him. I'm sure I just turned around from tying his shoes for him and spooning mushed bananas into his mouth. It couldn't have been that long ago that we stood before that church dedicating our precious little boy to the Lord. I swear I can see it like yesterday: that time he was just learning to stand up and he chipped his two front teeth on the side of the bathroom, wasn't I just outside the room praying that a sweat test would reveal he didn't have cystic fibrosis, didn't I just take him for that ultra sound which left us praising God it was something called a baker's cyst and not C-A-N-C-E-R....

His life is flying by me today and I cannot for the life of me accept the fact that it has already been 9 years. At the same time, it feels like just a blink, I can't remember what my life was life before this amazing child was given to me.

So today I am reflecting on this sensitive, brilliant, God-loving child I have been blessed with. His life so far has left me gratefully tearful.... I cant' wait to see what the next 9 years will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...