Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Florida Trip Installment 5 -- Recovering from Disney World

So Wednesday we just slept in at the Hyatt... repacked our bags... took a shower... just lollygagging around and taking our time until I realized it was 11:40 (check out was noon), and I hadn't gotten in the shower yet...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Then the mania began: I hopped in the shower all the time barking packing orders at the kids. It was craziness, but we got out of there by 11:54!

We went to the van, and as I was loading the stuff in the car, my mom was playing Simon Says with the kids. Then she let each of them take a turn being Simon. When it was Jeremiah's turn to be Simon, he said, "Simon says push each other." Before my mother could scream, "No!" Noah pushed Elijah down into the grass. Elijah stood up, and he was covered in red ants! Yep! No lie! So there I was in the middle of packing the van, and I had to stop to strip Elijah's clothes off and brush all the ants off of him. Then I had to rifle through the neatly packed suitcases to find new clothes for him and go into the Hyatt to get a plastic bag to confine the rest of the ants to his clothing instead of giving them free reign in our minivan.

So phew onto the next escapade. We went to pick up Jeff and headed over to have lunch at Olive Garden. When we got there, and I tried to get Hannah out of the van I realized she was barefoot. I searched the car to no avail and could not find her shoes that "Buzz Lightyear gave her." I had a very bad feeling they were gone-gone. I found the number for the Hyatt we had just checked out of. I called, and the lady at the front desk put me on hold and went out into the parking lot. Sure enough right next to where our van was parked she found our Disney shoes. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I carried Hannah into Olive Garden barefoot. The Olive Garden experience wasn't too bad, although the Kastner children aren't really the type of children who do well in a sit-down restaurant. We had a really nice waiter...in fact at the end of our meal, the kids ran up to him and hugged him for being such a good waiter :) 

Hugging the Olive Garden Waiter

We left Olive Garden and headed back to the Hyatt to get Hannah's shoes. I had been at a nearby Walgreen's the night before and had found TONS of Disney souvenirs for MUCH cheaper than you'd get them at Disney World. So we headed over to that Walgreen's. I went in and did my shopping; then my mom went after me (so that we didn't have to take the kids in). While my mom was shopping there was a little excitement, an older couple parked in the parking lot called 911. An ambulance and fire engine came and took the woman away. My mom ended up kinda irritated because I paid 3 for $12 on some small towels and 2 for $15 on these HUGE ones. The cashier screwed up and charged my mom $15 each for the puny ones. <sorry mom>

We headed back to Jeff's to check out his place and pick up my laundry. He googled when the sun would be setting in St. Petersburg, and we hightailed it out of there to get to the beach by sunset. Even hitting rush hour traffic along the way, we got there in time. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...