Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Worship Wednesday: Courageous

It is just 2 days away!!!!  My hubby (and me... but mostly HIM) is soooooooooo excited!  The new movie by the makers of Fireproof and Facing the Giants is coming in TWO DAYS!!!! John has been promoting this movie for MONTHS! He is a sucker for a GOOD Christian movie (aren't we all?) but this one is especially meaningful because it is about fathers. It's called Courageous.

Have you heard the song Courageous by Casting Crowns (has Casting Crowns EVER written ANYTHING that is not PURELY amazing?????).  

We were made to be courageous
We were made to lead the way
We could be the generation
That finally breaks the chain
We were made to be courageous
We were made to be courageous



Lately I have been walking around with this STRONG and URGENT sense of expectation. I explained it to my mom the other day as being "pregnant with expectation." It's like I can FEEL something big coming in this world. I am no prophet. I can't tell you if it is the end of the world, the rapture or what... but I can tell you what I hope it is. I hope it is a revival. A burning flame of love for God that sweeps across this nation like the Great Awakening did. We are RIPE for it. Our economy is in shambles. Morality has taken a tanker. Families are falling apart. Marriages lie dashed on the rocks. And do you know who is poised to lead us into this battle? You know who stands as the underdog beaten down by society... told he was no good... discarded like a useless broken tool... MAN! In fact ALL of  the MEN of this world!!!  

We were warriors on the front lines
Standing unafraid
But now we're watchers on the sidelines
While our families slip away



DON'T STAND ON THE SIDELINES, MEN! GET IN THERE AND FIGHT!

Where are you, men of courage?
You were made for so much more
Let the pounding of our hearts cry
We will serve the Lord



YOU WERE MADE FOR THIS! IT IS YOUR DESTINY!

We were made to be courageous
And we're taking back the fight
We were made to be courageous
And it starts with us tonight

The only way we'll ever stand
Is on our knees with lifted hands
Make us courageous
Lord, make us courageous



And here it is.... the clincher... the secret to success: The only way to be courageous.... the only way to be strong and lead the way... It is ONLY with Christ behind you. You stand by getting down on your knees. You fight by lifting up your hands.

This is our resolution
Our answer to the call
We will love our wives and children
We refuse to let them fall

We will reignite the passion
That we buried deep inside
May the watchers become warriors
Let the men of God arise

Seek justice
Love mercy
Walk humbly with your God (repeat)

In the war of the mind
I will make my stand
In the battle of the heart
And the battle of the hand (X2)


My last word about this song/concept is for the women:


Help them be courageous. Be their partner in this stand. Don't nitpick their efforts to be strong. Don't point out their failures. Egg them ON! Encourage them! Cheer loudly for them:  Be strong! Be courageous!  The men in your life need your SUPPORT!!!  Trust me if the men of our world stand up and are COURAGEOUS, we all win.


So Friday night... 9/30... opening night... John & I are schlepping all the kids... meeting Christina and Matt (and I think Tracey and J.J. but I'm not sure if I ever communicated this change of plans to them) and Amanda and James (don't you back out on us NOW!) and anyone else who wants to meet us there... I'm actually going to pre-buy our tickets TODAY to make sure we don't miss out. Meet us there if you are interested.  The more the merrier!


Courageous


Courageous
Menomonee Falls Marcus Theater
6:40 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. Jami, This was an AWESOME movie! Our church did a preview of it to assist in getting it to a theater in Racine. We took the whole family and the kids loved it as much as Dale & I. Don't forget your kleenex! You WILL laugh and you WILL cry...I promise! Have a great time - this is DEFINITELY a movie that I will buy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...