Thursday, January 13, 2011

Worship Wednesday: Better is One Day



I love this song! It gets my thoughts on Heaven, but not just that, it brings a little piece of Heaven here to earth.


How lovely is
Your dwelling place
Oh Lord Almighty,
For my soul longs
And even faints
For You
Oh, here my heart
Is satisfied (is satisfied)
Within Your presence
I sing beneath
The shadow of
Your wings



Mmmmmm beneath the shadow of His wings. What comfort there is in picturing myself there, resting, protected, safe, in the shadow of His wings.


Better is one day in Your courts
Better is one day in Your house
Better is one day in Your courts
Than thousands elsewhere
Better is one day in Your courts
Better is one day in Your house
Better is one day in Your courts
Than thousands elsewhere
(Than thousands elsewhere)


One day in Heaven is SO going to be better than thousands elsewhere, yet I always feel MORE when I sing this part. I feel... One day spent in worship is better than thousands spent: working, cleaning, even playing. Being in His presence just TRUMPS all!


One thing I ask,
And I would seek,
To see Your beauty
To find You in
The place Your glory dwells
(One thing I ask)
One thing I ask
And I would seek,
To see Your beauty
To find You in
The place Your glory dwells


That's really truly the ONLY think I seek... I want to see Him, find Him. I want to see Him in the gentleness of a summer breeze. I want to see Him in the fierceness of the worst winter storm. I want to see Him in my child's sweet face. I want to see Him living, breathing, and moving THROUGH me.


(My heart and flesh cry out)
My heart and flesh cry out
To You, the Living God
Your Spirit's water to my soul


I am a BIG water girl! Ask anyone. Any one of my cheerleaders.... Any one of my children... Anyone who has met me.... Jami LOVES water and Jami PREACHES:  Drink more water! Water! Water! Water!  One of my favorite stories is after a b-day party I had some leftover Kool-Aid (a sugary bunch of garbage that I don't keep in the house except for special occasions). I wanted it GONE because it was in my way. So I was trying to get Jeremiah to have a glass.  He was about 3, and he stood in the kitchen red-faced and SCREAMING at the top of his lungs, "Don't give me that KOOL-AID! I want water!"  Love it!  


God's Spirit, God's voice, His presence.... it's like water to my soul. Refreshing me, replenishing me, flushing away all my impurities.  Just like Jeremiah, I'm screaming, "Don't give me that busyness or stupid television show! I want God's presence!"


I've tasted, and I've seen
Come once again to me
I will draw near to You
I will draw near to You
To You

And there it is... the money maker... the part of the song that it's all about... I will draw near to You....  He's already there. He's already waiting. He never, ever left. I have to draw near to Him. One day in His presence is always RIGHT there waiting for me.... Will I choose to draw in??  If I do, it will be better than anything else.  So much BETTER!


Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Amen. There is nothing better than being in HIS presence! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...