Thursday, January 13, 2011

The current of God's will...

I've always kinda thought of God's will as an umbrella. The closer I was to the center of His will, the less of the world's rain would get me wet. Tonight I'm thinking of it a little differently.

I'm at the TAG Ctr. The kiddos are swimming. I tried water walking, but my foot is acting up again, and I only made it 20 minutes before the pain was too much for me. Now I'm just sitting at a table right by the current pool.

I was noticing how quickly the current pool moves people around that little oval shape. Some people, however, fight the current trying to walk in the opposit direction. Whether they do it to be irritating or to get a good workout, doesn't matter. They have chosen the "hard way". Still others fight to stand still. They aren't necessarily going AGAINST the current, but they sure as SHOOT aren't gonna go with it.

Maybe that's what God's will is like too? There are some people who just FIGHT against His will. Who knows if they are just being obstinate or if they really WANT to do it he hard way, but regardless they have chosen the most difficult route.... the one that goes against God's current.

Then there are the people who are standing still. They aren't necessarily going AGAINST God's will, but they sure aren't moving in the direction of His will either. They may not be caught in secret sin or heading up the local Satanist sect, but they just stand in place not loving sacrificially... not stepping out in faith.

And then, OH THEN, there are the people who allow the current of God's will take them where He wills. They are giving until it hurts. They are taking BOLD chances because His spirit impressed it upon their hearts. They are FLOWING And MOVING in the powerful current of God's love. And Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! OH! Does it show! God's will is gliding them along... Flying them at warp speed... Through the things HE purposes for them. I'm not saying they don't encounter bumps and snags along the way, but because they have submitted to the current of God's will they are moving in the exact direction HE wants them to go and they are getting there VERY fast.

Well I think that's all for today. I've gotta stop blogging on my Blackberry now. Its giving me a BAD headache. But that current pool was so strongly on my heart I just HAD to share it with you all. Here's hoping you're busy letting HIS current take you away!
God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Jami~

    I just LOVE your analogies! I love how you are just sitting at a pool and can look at the water/current and tie a connection to God and Life. And, then, turn it into a lesson or teachable moment or whatever- for us all. You have been so blessed with such an amazing gift of writing! Thank you for allowing God to speak through you to us, your readers. Thank you for allowing all of us into your heart and life. And I am personally grateful for this particular post & all it means. Thank you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...