Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Something new...

Where did you go Jami dear? Yes... I've answered this question several times as of late. Well to begin with, we were on vacation... Oh blessed vacation! John and I had off of all of our jobs from Christmas to New Year's. (Well sorta... I still was writing for Demand Media in an attempt to offset the pain from the fact that John wouldn't have a paycheck from McDonald's for that week.) We had the MOST amazing vacation! Literally, truly in twelve and one-half years of marriage we have NEVER both taken time off besides when we were having babies or brain surgery. So this was a BIG treat for us. We didn't really go anywhere... Hit up the waterpark at the TAG Center in Mayville... had a GREAT date day in MKE while the kiddos had an "Oma & Poppa spoil us" day....  did a LOT of laundry and a WHOLE lotta resting.  It was AMAZING!

Then the New Year started and I had all these Resolutions!!!
*more God
*get healthy
*more structure

Well, resolutions require time so I have been too busy to blog.  I can report, however, that I have already lost 14 pounds... that the kiddos are working their ways to a better sleep pattern... our new semester is off to a BANNER start! we are ROCKING the homeschooling thing... and my babies are all covered in the extra prayer I've been bathing them in...  So it was not for naught that I tossed you all to the side like a once-loved-but-now-forgotten toy.

But I'm back!!!  Kinda! I'm not letting my resolutions suffer AT ALL!  I like having the laundry caught up and feeling like a success in homeschooling and LOSING WEIGHT! However, I promise that I will continue to check-in now and again so as to not lose touch with you my blog readers. ESPECIALLY when something exciting comes up!  Like now!

I've been accepted as a guest blogger for (in)courage!!! SERIOUSLY I am just jumping-up-and-down excited for the opportunity this represents.  I submitted a post (an original one that none have read yet) and they considered it AND... sometime in February (stay tuned for the exact date) they will post it on their site! I can't believe it! I felt like, "Somebody pinch me!" I am finally making a step in the RIGHT direction of getting published!!!!!

As in all things Jami, this is not without a lesson...  I clicked on a link at their site and up popped this verse:

For I am about to do something new.  See, I have already begun!  Do you not see it?  I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.  
Isaiah 43:19


Shivers ran up and down my spine... Goose flesh broke out on my arms... Doncha just LOVE it when God just SPEAKS to you? I mean SPEAKS obviously, directly, and COMPLETELY to your situation!  AMAZING!

What a GREAT God we serve!  He is doing GREAT things all around us!  You'll see them if you just look.  I for one am looking, and I am seeing, and I am waiting expectantly for him to create rivers in the dry wasteland for me.

Have a GREAT day everyone!  and stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...