Monday, October 5, 2009

Needs and Update

Needs list:

People keep saying, "Please let me know if we can do anything." I always get this deer-in-the-headlights feeling because I can never seem to think of what our specific needs are at those moments. In addition, I was recently told, "Darn! I wish I knew you needed that! We have tons of it just sitting in our basement."

That got me thinking. I'm going to post a Kastner needs list here on my blog. It's possible that we need something that you even have sitting on your Goodwill pile. I will try to remember to update it regularly, but at bare minimum it can be used to remind me of what our current needs are next time someone asks :)

In a funny little aside, I thought of doing this early this morning, but didn't have time to post the list then. I was planning to put an item on the list, but before I even started the list, someone called me this morning and offered me a REALLY good deal on the items! I didn't even put it out there yet that we needed it! God provided long before the need was even announced. Anyways if you look over there to the left, underneath my life verse, there it is: Kastner Needs List (had to throw in a little humor for good measure.... without humor I'd go insane). Hoping your Goodwill pile has something we could put to good use.

Update on John:

John is doing pretty well. Over the weekend he overdid it a little again. It seems there is a VERY delicate balance between the appropriate amount of exhertion and overexhertion. One thing we have determined is he MUST honor naptime with Hannah everyday. His body just fatigues WAY too easily to be out of bed the entire day. This is however a GREAT improvement over last week this time when I was begging/crying/screaming at him to get his butt outta bed! He had overdone it again the weekend previous hence the refusal to get out of bed. Baby steps.... we are learning this takes baby steps.

Tomorrow is John's post-op follow up appointment with Dr. Ahuja. We are excited to hear how he is doing and what the results of the CT scan are. Please pray and we will update you as soon as we know anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...