Monday, April 6, 2015

This moment....

Sometimes the valley we are traveling through is so arduous that the only thing we can do is focus on THIS MOMENT.  (Heck who am I kidding most of my overwhelming, overfilled, overEVERTHING life is this way!) It's like the saying, "How do you eat an elephant?"  "One bite at a time."

This morning, I am focusing on THIS MOMENT in order to get through.  See yesterday we had a bit of a medical situation around here.  (John was really in rough shape, and we were debating going to the ER.  Praise the Lord things eased up and this morning after some rest he seems to be MUCH better.) In addition, if you caught last week's blog you know we're facing ANOTHER week of him being out of work AND an angiogram on Saturday, along with NO ANSWERS and few hypotheses about what is going on with John. So right now our situation seems quite similar to eating an elephant.  The things I could worry about are MANY and not necessarily very small.  Instead of worrying, I'm trying hard to focus on just THIS MOMENT and what I know about THIS MOMENT.

*At THIS MOMENT, I have an amazing husband (albeit a bit under the weather but still AMAZING)
*At THIS MOMENT, my children have TONS of extra time with their loving dad
*At THIS MOMENT, we have plenty of food in our cupboards, no bills are currently overdue, the amount in our checking account is still in the positive
*At THIS MOMENT, I have a job that is giving me PLENTY of hours.
* At THIS MOMENT, I have INCREDIBLE parents and AMAZING sisters who pray, text, check-in and basically CARRY me through all of this nonsense.
*At THIS MOMENT, God has NOT forsaken me, and I know in the depths of me, He never will.

If you would, please be in prayer for us this week.  We are TRUSTING that God is in control, but we will ALWAYS covet your prayers.

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
2 Corinthians 4:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...