Monday, July 8, 2013

It's not about me....

This morning I read this on Instagram:

Humility is not thinking less of yourself,
It is thinking of yourself less
C.S. Lewis

It got me thinking about how MUCH I think about myself. Everything is about me, me, ME!  How much sleep did I get? How do I feel this morning? What does this date in time represent to ME? What did this sermon say to ME? But guess what it is NOT about me!

I read this verse this morning in the YouVersion reading plan I am currently working my way through:

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Did you catch what this verse says about why God comforts me? It doesn't say He comforts me so I will feel better. It doesn't say He comforts me because what I am going through is hard. It doesn't say He comforts me when I have had enough or because I deserve to be comforted.  It says, "who comforts us in all our troubles, SO THAT WE CAN COMFORT THOSE IN ANY TROUBLE..."

It is NOT about ME!  The purpose of my suffering is multi-faceted; however, one thing is for sure God comforts me in my suffering SO THAT I CAN COMFORT OTHERS!

I don't know where I first heard this said, but I hear it ALL the time, "We are blessed so we can bless." Take what God has given you today:  financial blessings, compassion, sensitivity, hope, healing, COMFORT in your times of trouble, and USE IT to bless, love, inspire, heal, COMFORT someone else.

Blessings my friends!  Hope today brings many opportunities for you to spread God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...