Tuesday, April 2, 2013

This is the day that the Lord has made.....

Yesterday morning I arose at the appointed time.... cheerfully woke my husband and headed to the kitchen. I prepared a warm, healthy breakfast for us, and then we sat across from each other at the kitchen table, enjoying our breakfast and coffee while reading our Bibles. We stopped a few times to share something that occurred to us while we read. It was quiet... It was peaceful... It was heavenly.

This morning I awoke to a smell that NO ONE wants to be greeted with. As I neared the bathroom the odor worsened and a quick glance into the bathroom confirmed my fears: Auntie Marge had an accident. I woke John quickly and then returned to the bathroom to clean the toilet, floor, and an old lady. All this taking place before I even got a cup of coffee!  John and I snatched a quick prayer before he headed out the door to work and then I collapsed at the table all alone with my coffee and Bible, and it occurred to me:

"Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" 
Job 2:10

God is mighty and on the throne whether my day starts with a beautiful coffee date or a WRETCHED mess to clean up. His goodness doesn't change with the events of my day! His goodness doesn't change with the events of this world! He is GOOD when bad things happen. He is GOOD when good things happen. He is GOOD.

Whatever your facing today:  it may be sunny skies and lollipops or it may be poop messes and unpaid bills.. even hospital nightmares... but your CIRCUMSTANCES do NOT affect God's goodness. He is good and just and right and HOLY wherever you are.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...