Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Consider it pure joy....

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds.... James 1:2

PURE joy??? Really??? PURE joy!!!

Pure: unmixed with any other matter

Joy:  the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires: delight

When I face trials I am to consider it PURE (unmixed with any other matter) JOY (the emotion evoked by well-being, success or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires: delight).  How exactly??? Trials aren't fun. Trials aren't easy. Yes they bring about good. Yes they have a silver-lining. In 43 years on this planet.... In 33 years of being a Christian.... I have YET to see ONE trial that didn't bring about something good, but PURE joy???  Joy unmixed with any other matter??? That is one TALL order!

Lord whatever You desire.... whatever You command... I vow to aim for PURE JOY when my body is aching and sore. I vow to aim for PURE JOY when I am assaulted by the unsolicited opinions of others. I vow to aim for PURE JOY when I am crushed by apathy, discouraged by lack of commitment, and disheartened by complacency. I vow to aim for PURE JOY when the struggles of this world, the attacks of the enemy, my own sinful desires assail me. I will aim for PURE JOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...