Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Worship Wednesday: This is the Stuff

[I couldn't find this song on Playlist.com yet because it is so new.  But you NEED to hear it while you read!  So first before you read, follow this link and click PLAY on the music player on the right side so the song will play in the background while you read this.  Don't forget to scroll down and pause the normal music player so it doesn't clash with Francesca.]

MWAH!  I have at least three songs backed up in my soul for Worship Wednesday!  I'm tempted to just put them out there on normal days, but I'll try to hold back!  Here's the first one... heard it Sunday for the first time EVER and it ROCKED my world!

I lost my keys in the great unknown
And call me please 'Cuz I can't find my phone

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

45 in a 35
Sirens and fines while I'm running behind
Whoa

Come on!  Admit it!  Isn't this SO my life???  Isn't it so everything you've ever read about me here on this blog?  Ohmigosh!  It is MEEEEEEEEE!  Forgotten checkbook not discovered till I'm at the register... Riding lawn mower vs. Blackberry... No water! "HANNAH!  did you turn that lever again?!?!?!".... No taillights AGAIN?!?!?!?  And here it comes!  The one-two punch:


So break me of impatience
Conquer my frustrations
I've got a new appreciation
It's not the end of the world
Oh Oh Oh

Impatience - irritation with anything that causes delay... BREAK ME LORD!



Frustration - the feeling that accompanies an experience of being thwarted in attaining your goals... CONQUER IT LORD!


This week I truly do have a NEW APPRECIATION for NONE of these stressful, difficult, even HUMONGOUS things have been the end of the world... Here's one of my favorite sayings:

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger!

So go on today and trust that He knows EXACTLY what He is doing.  In the little things... In the big things... He knows what He is doing!

Love to you all!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...