Tuesday, December 15, 2009

His Mercies are new every morning....

Well, guess what? We have a new Mercie. Our landlord responded to Lessons I learned from Mercy by offering us a free kitten. John and I hemmed and hawed for about 12 seconds. We really, truly do NOT want to be cat people! Our love for our children warred with our dislike of cats, and.... well... some of you are parents! I'm sure you know what won.


We have a new Mercie (we debated a new name but just really loved that one so instead we changed the spelling).... Here's a picture of Mercie Mae Kastner. She was delivered by our landlord's son this morning. The children are in HEAVEN! They are just tickled, and they ADORE this kitty.


I'm ambivalent... waiting to see if I'll love this Mercie like the last, but I am very glad to see the frowns on my children's faces turned upside down.


When our chidren were born, we chose verses for each one. I'm picking one for Mercie Mae too.

Mercie Mae Kastner


It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness. The Lord is my portion or share, says my living being (inner self); therefore, I will hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him.
Lamentations 3:22 - 24

1 comment:

  1. how does a post abt a new cat bring me to tears? I love the verse you chose, and thank you for reminding me that we are never consumed and that He continues to give us new Mercy (or in you case Mercie)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...