Friday, January 16, 2009

P.S. to this afternoon's note...

 Warning: composing this on my Blackberry not sure how great that is gonna work.


Ok the following is a true story... I swear to tell the truth so help me God!

So almost immediately after typing that Malcolm in the Middle note, I got up to go change cuz we were leaving the house for the first time since Sunday. So I had just finished putting my hair up and Noah comes racing up the stairs... "Elijah shattered one of the windows in the front door!". I kick off my shoes and FLY down the stairs: worried... Is he bleeding? Will someone else soon be bleeding? It is below zero and we have a 12" hole in our front door? Angry... Seriously how many more things can this child destroy??? DON'T ANSWER THAT!!! And a little bit amused... Already the irony of my first note being so rapidly succeeded by this occurrence was starting to hit me.

Sure enough one of the 9" x 12" panes of glass in our front door was shattered. I started barking out orders: I need the broom! Don't forget the dustpan! Someone call daddy and ask if I should cover it with cardboard or plastic! DON'T STEP OVER THERE!!! And do NOT take off your shoes!

Well while cleaning it up I extracted the whole story. The little windows on our front door are iced over from the arctic weather. Noah was chipping away at the ice with a screwdriver when Eli took the screwdriver and said, "I know! Do it like this!" He then proceeded to stab the window cracking the ice and shattering the window beneath.

I just couldn't help but chuckle as I thought to myself, "These are the best days of your life Jami."

I didn't let my laughter keep me from cleaning up. Although I did stop for a moment to remind Elijah that when he is an adult with a real job, his entire first year of salary is ALL mine. Yups yups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...