Monday, August 4, 2008

Burger King = Rocket Science

(should have been posted 8/4/08...but didn't have time to blog)

Ugh! I did NOT have a fun day today. I ran errands in the heat of the day in a minivan with four children and no air conditioning. This should have been bad enough, but then I had to go and stop at Burger King for lunch.

“Welcome to Burger King. May I take your order?”
“I would like 2 cheeseburger kids’ meals with sprite, 2 number 7s with coke, and 1 number 5 with a diet coke.”
“Okay so that’s 2 cheeseburger kids meals with sprite, 2 number 8s with coke, and a number 6 with a diet coke?”
“Ummmm no. (at this point I switch to using the meal names instead of the numbers in a failed attempt to reduce confusion) 2 cheeseburger kids meals with sprite, 2 chicken finger meals with coke and a steakhouse burger meal with a coke.”

“Okay so that’s 2 double cheeseburger kids meals with sprite, 2 chicken finger meals with coke and a double stacker with diet coke?”
“No….2 cheeseburger kids’ meals with sprite, 2 chicken finger meals with coke and a steakhouse burger meal with a coke.” (At this point, my head is in my hands. I have sprained my eyeballs rolling my eyes to hard, and I am struggling to maintain my Christian testimony.)
She replies, “That’s what I said.” I wanted to scream! No that is NOT what you said! In fact none of the 3 times you repeated it back to me did you say that! But instead I just pulled around.
For obvious reasons, I was VIGILANT in checking through the food they were giving me. If they couldn’t even SAY it back to me correctly what were the chances that they would actually get the order right? She says to me, “Are you the person with the HUGE order?” I’m thinking doesn’t your DUMB computer tell you which customer you should be on??? Whatev…she takes my money and hands me the bags. I say, “I’m missing a chicken finger meal.” She calls to her cohorts, “She says she only has one chicken finger meal.” Okay like the more likely scenario here is that I am lying…not that you are an IDIOT! (Yes Sarah Gorski I KNOW! I owe you 10 more pushups!)
They give me my chicken finger meal and say Have a good day!
“You didn’t give me my drinks.” They give me my drinks. I drive away….only to notice…they did not give me straws *#%($% (YES Sarah! We are all keeping track that 20 pushups now!)
Now I have 4 dehydrated children driving around in the back of a minivan with no air conditioning holding cold refreshing soft drinks in their hands WHICH THEY CANNOT DRINK! For those of you who know my children at all, I don’t need to even type this next sentence but for the rest of you, I will….having my children take the lids off of said sodas and drink straight from the cups is simply NOT an option.

It was then that I realized that working at Burger King must be SO difficult that only a rocket scientist can actually do it correctly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...