Saturday, December 25, 2021

Not a Christmas you dream about...

This really wasn't a Christmas that you dream about. I'm on crutches and in an immense amount of pain.  We didn't have a church service to go to (even if I could've hobbled in there). I forgot a TON of things for our appetizer feast. The valley of the shadow of parenting a teen girl is a bit dark and scary these days. Then I couldn't even make it through to Christmas dinner.  In the middle of our family celebration, the pain brought me to tears, and John had to take me home to go to bed and elevate my leg.  

It has me thinking.  Do you think Mary enjoyed the stable? I mean I know what the pictures convey.  I know she's all dewy and glowing cuz she just brought God's Son into this world.  But do you REALLY think she enjoyed giving birth in animal filth? I bet she didn't.  But I also bet it didn't matter if she was thrilled about the way it turned out.... GOD STILL HAD HIS WAY. 

Lately God's been doing a lot of things in a way that is just NOT pleasing to me... not my favorite.... not the way I would've planned it if I were the author.... but here's what I've been seeing... GOD STILL HAS HIS WAY... and I guess I'm starting to get it through my thick skull that I'm NOT the author. 

Regardless of how not storybook this Christmas was.... I'm trusting that HIS way is better. Just like I imagine Mary did on that very first Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...