Monday, September 17, 2018

Noah James

Well today is the day. I'm both ready and not ready. Saying goodbye these past few weeks has been beautiful, perfect, amazing, exhausting, heart-rending, difficult. I am ready to be done anticipating your departure, but not ready to give you that one last squeeze before you leave.

I don't doubt. I really truly don't. For the past 18 years, I've doubted and wondered and worried... was homeschooling the right choice? did I hug you enough? did we pray enough? read the Bible enough? But today all my doubts are gone. You are EXACTLY the man you were supposed to be.... the one I dreamed all along you would be. You are strong and brave and upright. You are going to be a GREAT soldier. You are going to make life-long friends. But best of all, I do not doubt that you are going to change this world for Christ. I know in the depths of me that every single person you touch is going to be gently nudged in the direction of Jesus.

There is so little I need to say to you right now because you. are. SO. ready. for this. The fires this family has walked through have forged you and made you strong as steel yet tender too. You know that God and His word hold every answer you will ever need. I've watched you turn to Him for answers many times this summer. You don't need me to nag you or remind you or squeeze in one more lesson. So I guess I'll just end with this one little whisper: FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY PLEASE CALL YOUR MOMMA WHEN YOU CAN.


I love you so much NoNo. I'm infinitely proud of you. And I am so excited to watch where God and the Army take you.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...