Monday, July 18, 2016

Because of who You are

This new It is Well rocks me to my core... so many powerful lyrics!


...Seas that are shaken and stirred can be calmed and broken for my regard
...And this mountain that's in front of me will be thrown into the midst of the sea
... So let go my soul and trust in Him the waves and wind still know His name


But tonight as I listened to it for the gajillonth time, it was an unscripted portion that spoke to me.... in between lyrics... really just a quick breath.... the words "because of who You are" jarred my soul.... it is well with my soul.... in the midst of trials and agonizing defeats.... not because I'm dedicated to Christ.... not because my situation isn't as bad as some others... not even because the testing of my faith develops perseverance.... it is well with my soul BECAUSE OF WHO GOD IS.... He is good... He is powerful.... He is loving and kind... He is JUST... He is righteous... and He is tender... oh so tender with my battered and bruised soul.... let that wash over you tonight.... let that sink deep into your pores... it is well BECAUSE OF WHO HE IS.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...