Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Please pray for me....

This always seems to backfire on me.... when I ask for prayer I get prayer, but I also get some people attacking me for being too open about my needs or some people sending unsolicited advice (which is usually like lemon juice in a papercut) to help me fix my problem or just flat out JUDGEMENT about how I could be so open and honest and say what is really going on.  However, because I know that I desperately NEED those prayers that will come (Roz, Terri, Peggy, Renee, my sisters, MOM... you know who you are!!!) I have to put this out there and risk the other gunk.

I am REALLY and truly drowning a lil bit over here.  I can't remember the last time I had a full day off to just do nothing. I get up and start working at 6 a.m., and I literally don't get done with everything until around 9 p.m. EVERY night. My weekends have been fuller than my weekdays lately and through it all I am trying to carry the weight of another medical trial. Things are falling apart a little in my house. It's a MESS and I am trying to stay ahead of the chaos but it isn't really working. Cheerleading is amping up as well.... homecoming week is next week and (well anyone even slightly familiar with cheerleading or with high school for that matter knows how crazy a homecoming week gets)... I'm helping with the Christmas program at church and as you can all read a calendar I'm sure you realize that is coming quickly. And because that stuff hasn't seemed to crush me, Satan has started throwing all sorts of other unrelated little "flaming arrows" at me.

Every time I end up in one of these situations I think, SURELY I am as tired/overwhelmed/exhausted/under attack as I could ever be, but NOPE!  Each time I hit a brand new level of tired/overwhelmed/exhausted/under attack.

So once again like I did in a recent blog, I guess I will focus on what I know:

The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

God IS with me.  No matter what it FEELS like. No matter how hard the battle rages. No matter what the devil throws at me. God IS WITH ME.... right beside me... in the thick of the fray... He will NEVER leave me or forsake me.

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16

I need to confess these struggles to my friends/family.... so you can pray for me.... so I will be delivered through these struggles.  because YOUR prayers are powerful and effective.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Ephesians 6:13

I need to equip myself.... pray and read the Word and praise God and ask for prayer and then I just need to stand. When I have done everything else I just need to STAND. It doesn't have to be pretty..... or perfect... The Bible doesn't say when you have done everything stand victorious and strong without mud on your face. It says after you have done everything, to STAND.

Thank you faithful friends who have journeyed with us through 4 long years of "in sickness".... Thank you new friends who are just catching the sequel of our story.... Thank you ALL and please whatever you do, PRAY that I might be able to STAND in spite of all Satan's attacks.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jami,
    I tried to comment earlier, but I think it didn't go through. What I wanted to tell you is how I am praying for you. I am praying for extreme productivity, minimal distractions, unexpected blessings and PEACE.

    Love Renee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...