Monday, July 18, 2011

Like Jesus....

I'm sure as Christians we all have the same goal: to be Christlike. I often pray that God will mold me and make me more like His image. I really truly want to be Jesus to everyone I come in contact with. 

Recently though I've been thinking about this aspect of that goal.... DIFFICULTY. 

Looking at Christ's life, I don't see too much ease:

*He was rejected by MANY
*He was crucified and tortured
*He was mocked, scorned, ridiculed
*He was misunderstood 
*He suffered injustice, pain, and betrayal EVEN THOUGH he was perfect and deserved none of it

So why then when I face trials and difficulties do I wrestle with "WHY???" How come I never seem to realize, life isn't about getting back what you've put in. Karma really DOESN'T exist. What goes around doesn't always come around correctly.  Instead the Bible says:

I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have TROUBLE. But take heart! I have overcome the world. 
John 16:33
(emphasis mine)

Then He called to the crowd to Him along with His disciples and said: "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 
Mark 8:34

Why am I surprised when I face trouble? Why am I shocked when I suffer injustice? Why does it take my breath away when bad things happen to good people?

The truth of the matter is Jesus was the PERFECT, sinless, Son of God and He suffered injustice upon injustice. He didn't have a glamorous home.... He didn't ride on a thoroughbred...  But His needs were met... His feet walked the path God chose... and His ministry was BLESSED. 

Today my dear friend, be encouraged!  Troubles don't mean God has forgotten you!  Tough times aren't necessarily a punishment!  Struggles are not a result of God's indifference!  If you are struggling today, remember Jesus suffered hardship too!

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with out weaknesses, but we have One who has been tempted in every way, just as we are - yet He did not sin.
Hebrews 4:15

Don't let struggles get you down. Feel honored that you are counted worthy to suffer. And never, ever, EVER doubt that God is not RIGHT by your side as you struggle.

Keep that goal. Race toward that prize. The prize of becoming more and more like Christ every day... but along the way... don't expect a cheering crowd and gold medals. For that is NOT a part of the package deal we have purchased. Our reward is in Heaven and getting there will take a lot of struggle.

God bless you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...