Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Worship Wednesday: More Like Falling in Love

It has been a LONG time since I've posted a Worship Wednesday blog.... so sorry. I keep hearing this song, and it GRIPS me! I want you all to hear it and FEEL it today!

Give me rules
I will break them
Give me lines
I will cross them

Give me words
I'll misuse them
Obligations
I'll misplace them

Did you ever notice how the second you go on a diet you crave things you NEVER would have ever entertained the idea of consuming prior to the diet? I've tried low carb diets before, and I tell you a few days without carbs, and I swear I would eat a piece of cardboard just to have a little substance in my diet! There is just something about a list of rules that makes you crave the things that are against them.

'Cause all religion ever made of me
Was just a sinner with a stone tied to my feet

When your faith becomes a religion, it is just a list of rules you can't possibly follow perfectly. Anytime you break one of those rules you are DOOMED, evil, banished! So what are you saying Jami? It is just a big free for all then? Since we can't follow all the rules we just get to break them all??? Nooooooo....

It's about LOVE! Scream this part with me:

It's gotta be
More like falling in love
Then something to believe in
More like losing my heart
Than giving my allegiance

It's like I'm falling in love, love, love
Deeper and deeper
It was love that made
Me a believer

Forget religion! It's about a relationship! It's about being wildly, passionately, madly, CRAZY in love with JESUS!!!! When you fall in love, all you want is to be with the object of your affection. When you're not together, he/she is all you can think about. When you are together, you're already anticipating the NEXT time you get to be together. Other relationships in your life tend to wane a little. You might lose a little weight because of the butterflies in your tummy. You might have a little trouble sleeping because you can't stop thinking about your love... It's almost like a sickness... You couldn't stop it if you tried. That's what we need with Jesus. We don't need a list of rules. We need to fall head over heels in love.

And here's the secret:

Falling in love with Jesus brought the change in me

When you fall for Him, the rules will become easier to follow. You will start to genuinely, truly WANT to follow them. Falling in love with him is what brings the change.

So how do you fall in love with Him? It really isn't that hard. STOP focusing on all those things you have heard all your life about what you have to DO to be a Christian. START focusing on Him... Think about all He has done for you. When I start to list my blessing, my heart swells for my Creator, my Savior, my King.

List your blessings today and fall in LOVE with Jesus! Cause it has GOT to be more like FALLING IN LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Jami! Love the new Christian music you introduce me too - Jason Gray is now my new favorite...thanks! I now have his songs on my Grooveshark playlist :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...